1. What information does Apptourage collect?
When you sign up with Apptourage to become a tester, Apptourage may collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, contact information, PayPal account information, age, gender and any other information that we request and that you provide, either initially or in follow up questionnaires after registration (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). You agree to the collection and use of such personally identifiable information as part of providing usability testing services. Apptourage will not disclose any PII to any third party, except to the extent that such PII is included in the results of the usability testing services that you provide to a customer, and as otherwise described in this policy. You represent that the information you provide to Apptourage will be authentic, accurate, complete and made in accordance with Apptourage policies and procedures.
You can choose not to provide personal information we may request of you, but, in general, most of the personal information we request is required in order to provide our service and the lack of such personal information will prevent you from testing on our site.
When you refer customers or testers to Apptourage we collect, store and safeguard those email addresses. Rest assured, we definitely don’t sell those email addresses to any third parties.
Information we collect about you from other sources:
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, as with most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. Note that we do not link this usage data to your test responses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. We record information about the source that referred you to our site or a test. (e.g. a link on a website or in an email).
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us.
- Information from page tags. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
Information you provide in your test responses:
Remember, all information disclosed during a test is completely voluntary. You may choose not to provide an answer at any point during the test and cancel the test. However, this will result in a failure to complete the test and you will only be paid for the portion of the test that you completed.
2. How does Apptourage.com use the information we collect?
- Your test responses are owned and managed by the test creator, and we treat that information as private to the test creator. This information is generally used by the test creator to improve their websites and mobile applications.
- We also use the information we collect from you (including usage data, device data, referral data and information from page tags) to manage and improve our services. However, we will use only anonymous metadata to create new services, features or content.
- To manage our services. We internally use your information, including certain test data, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services. However, we do not use the non-public content of tests (i.e. the content of questions and responses that you have not publicly shared) for these purposes.
- To assist the enforcement of our Terms & Conditions.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities
- To create new services, features or content (public data and metadata only). We may use anonymized test metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a test but not its non-public content), to create and provide new services, features or content. For example, we may look at statistics like response rates, features used, and the average number of tests per month and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual test creators nor test respondents will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes (if you opt in). We will only do this periodically and you may opt out at any time by contacting customer support.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. With whom do we share or disclose your information?
- The Personal information you share with us will not leave our site. We will not sell your personal information to anyone. An exception may exist in the event Apptourage itself is sold. In this case we would transfer your personal information to our buyers so they could continue to provide the same great Apptourage service.
- We disclose your test responses to the test creators, so you should not reveal any personal information during a test that you do not want to share.
- We share your Personal Information and information we collect about you with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services, and as may be required by law.
4. Security, cookies and other important information
- Security. Apptourage has a sophisticated security program intended to keep the information stored in our system protected from unauthorized access. We store your information in a secure data center located in the United States. Our system is configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies and firewalls constructed to the highest industry standards. We also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that protects the data you send over the Internet. The bottom line is, when it comes to information security, we mean business.
- To make our site easier to use. If you do not log out when you leave our site, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to login whenever you return to Apptourage.
- Blogs and Forums. Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We’re not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these areas of our site. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request and we will let you know why.
- Safety of Children and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by those under the age of 18. Apptourage.com does not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 18 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor under 18, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. Additional Information for European Union users
Apptourage may provide some of its services to users in the EU.
- “Personal data” For users located in the EU, references to “personal information” in this policy are equivalent to what is commonly referred to as “personal data” in the EU.
- Accessing and correcting your personal data. You have the right to access and correct the personal information that Apptourage holds about you. This right may be exercised by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal data will be primarily processed by us in the United States. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your data to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, we may no longer be able to provide you our services.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services, and as may be required by law.
550 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Last Updated: August 19, 2015