If You Create Tests:
- Your test results are owned by you. Apptourage treats your tests as if they were private. We don’t sell them to anyone and we don’t use the responses you collect for our own purposes, except in a limited set of circumstances outlined in our Terms & Conditions.
- We safeguard respondents’ and referral recipients’ email addresses. You may send us email addresses to invite people to take your tests or to invite new users to Apptourage. In these cases Apptourage acts as a mere custodian of that data. We don’t sell these email addresses and we use them only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy.
Privacy For Test Creators
1. What information does Apptourage collect?
When you use Apptourage, we collect information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you:
- Registration information. You need an Apptourage account before you can create tests on Apptourage. When you register for an account, we collect your email address and password.
- Billing information. If you make a payment to Apptourage, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your account settings page. For example, your name, email, password and other account settings.
- Referral recipients’ email addresses. When you refer customers or testers to Apptourage we collect, store and safeguard those email addresses. Rest assured, we definitely don’t sell those email addresses to any third parties.
- Test data. We store your test data for you, such as content that you upload to the site and respondent click and navigational data.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a Apptourage contest.
Information we collect about you from other sources:
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at an Apptourage website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us.
- Information from page tags. We use tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
2. How does Apptourage use the information we collect?
- To provide you with our services. This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you (such as with test design and creation or technical troubleshooting).
- To manage our services. We internally use your information, including certain test data, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services. However, we do not use the non-public content of tests (i.e. the content of questions and responses that you have not publicly shared) for these purposes.
- To assist the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To create new services, features or content (public data and metadata only). We may use anonymized test metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a test but not its non-public content), to create and provide new services, features or content. For example, we may look at statistics like response rates, features used, and the average number of tests per month and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual test creators nor test respondents will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes (if you opt in). We will only do this periodically and you may opt out at any time by contacting customer support.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. With whom do we share or disclose your information?
We don’t sell your test data!
When might we disclose your test data to third parties? Only for a limited number of reasons. Most commonly, we share your information with our service providers who help us to provide our services to you. We contractually bind these service providers to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing their services to us. For example, we use payment processors who help us to process credit card transactions. By using our services, you authorize Apptourage to sub-contract in this manner on your behalf.
Rare circumstances include when we need to share information if required by law, or in a corporate restructuring or acquisition context (see below for more details).
Sharing your tests with the public. After you create a test it is released to our tester pool to perform the test. You may have the test cancelled at any time by contacting customer support.
We may disclose:
- Aggregated information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Apptourage entities, you expressly consent to Apptourage transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, Apptourage will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
4. What are your rights to your information?
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information on your dashboard. Information is updated immediately.
- Download/backup your test data. We provide you with the ability to export, share and publish your test data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis.
- Delete your test data. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel your account.
- Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact customer support. Deleting your account will cause all the test data in the account to be permanently deleted, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to any other services that require an Apptourage account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
- For how long do we retain your data? We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
5. Security, cookies and other important information
- Security. Apptourage has a sophisticated security program intended to keep the information stored in our system protected from unauthorized access. We store your information in a secure data center located in the United States. Our system is configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies and firewalls constructed to the highest industry standards. We also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that protects the data you send over the Internet. The bottom line is, when it comes to information security, we mean business.
- To make our site easier to use. We may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to Apptourage.
- Blogs and Forums. Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We’re not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these areas of our site. To request removal of your personal information from any blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request and we will let you know why.
- Safety of Children and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by those under the age of 18. Apptourage.com does not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 18 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor under 18, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Additional Information for European Union users
Apptourage may provide some of its services to users in the EU.
- “Personal data”. For users located in the EU, references to “personal information” in this policy are equivalent to what is commonly referred to as “personal data” in the EU.
- Accessing and correcting your personal data. You have the right to access and correct the personal information that Usertesting holds about you. This right may be exercised by emailing email@example.com.
- Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal data will be primarily processed by us in the United States. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your data to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, we may no longer be able to provide you our services.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.
550 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Last Updated: August 19, 2015